PRADO 3.0 beta is now available for download.
PRADO is component-based and event-driven for developing Web applications in PHP 5. Developing a PRADO Web application mainly involves instantiating prebuilt component types, configuring them by setting their properties, responding to their events by writing handler functions, and composing them into pages for applications. PRADO is very similar to ASP.NET in many aspects.
Version 3.0 is a complete rewrite of PRADO framework. It comes with many new features with the main focus being extensibility, stability and efficiency. For a complete list of new features, visit our project website at: http://www.xisc.com/
Version 3.0 beta contains all the planned features for 3.0 except active controls. It has passed a set of inhouse functionality tests as well as unit tests. It may still have some bugs and a few components are still in experimental stage. Use it at your discretion. We will try to maintain backward compatibility in the upcoming release candidates and formal release.
Major Changes since v3.0 alpha:
– BUG: fixed many
– CHG: event names must be prefixed with ‘On’ (Qiang)
– CHG: values of properties whose name ends with ‘Template’ are parsed directly by template parser (Qiang)
– ENH: template parser reports exact error location (Qiang)
– ENH: cookie HMAC check (Qiang)
– NEW: TInlineFrame (Jason)
– NEW: TAPCCache (Alban)
– NEW: TColorPicker, TDatePicker, TRatingList, TAdodbProvider, TCreoleProvider (Wei)
– NEW: TMultiView, TView, TControlAdapter, TWebControlAdapter, TPagedList, TAttributeCollection (Qiang)
– PRADO Developer Team